Lemay in St. Louis County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
United States Military Reservation
— 1826 - 1946 —
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • Parks & Recreational Areas. A significant historical year for this entry is 1950.
Location. 38° 30.575′ N, 90° 16.535′ W. Marker is in Lemay, Missouri, in St. Louis County. Marker is on Grant Road 0.2 miles south of South River Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 140 Grant Rd, Saint Louis MO 63125, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. This Gate is made of four United States Army Cannons (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Historic Parade Ground (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of First Parachute Jump (approx. 0.3 miles away); WWII M4A3E8 Sherman Tank (approx. 0.4 miles away); "The Tower" (approx. 0.4 miles away); Jefferson Barracks Historic Site Old Guard Monument and Powder Magazine PatioU.S. Grant: The St. Louis Years (approx. half a mile away); Jefferson Barracks Historic Site - Powder Magazine Museum, Memorial Walk (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lemay.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 21, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 17, 2021, by Thomas Smith of Waterloo, Ill. This page has been viewed 38 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 19, 2021, by Thomas Smith of Waterloo, Ill. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.