Keller in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Aurelius Delphus Bourland (1840-1904), a North Carolina native and a veteran of the Civil War, bought land here in 1873. A farmer and Primitive Baptist preacher, he first used this site as a family cemetery. The earliest marked grave is that of his grandson A. Delphus White, who died in 1886. In 1899 Bourland sold 2.5 acres, including the gravesites, to the residents of Keller (1.5 mi SW) for use as a public burial ground. Additional land was given by the families of Bourland in 1947 and A.B. Harmonson (1891-1967) in 1977. The gateway was built by the Works Progress Administration in 1935.
Erected 1981 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 470.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1873.
Location. 32° 56.805′ N, 97° 14.597′ W. Marker is in Keller, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is on Bourland Road south of Bancroft Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 900 Bourland Road, Keller TX 76248, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Pioneer Stone Burial Cairns (approx. 1.3 miles away); Westlake and the Circle T Ranch (approx. 3.4 miles away); Silver Spur Saloon (approx. 3.7 miles away); Alfred Madison Hightower (approx. 5.7 miles away); Dr. Lilburn Howard Colley (approx. 6.6 miles away); Nash Farm (approx. 9.2 miles away); Saginaw Cemetery (approx. 9.4 miles away); Saginaw School (approx. 9.4 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on April 20, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 20, 2021, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 32 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 20, 2021, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.