Randolph in Cattaraugus County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Randolph Academy & Ladies’ Seminary est. 1850. Renamed Chamberlin Inst. Destroyed by fire 1915. Randolph Central School built here 1932.
Erected 2020 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 749.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
Location. 42° 9.882′ N, 78° 57.982′ W. Marker is in Randolph, New York, in Cattaraugus County. Marker is on Main St (New York State Route 394) east of Conewango Road (New York State Route 214), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18 Main Street, Randolph NY 14772, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Randolph (approx. 0.4 miles away); 1917 – 1918 (approx. half a mile away); Early Bank (approx. half a mile away); Village Hall (approx. 0.6 miles away); Dow Library (approx. 0.6 miles away); Evelynn M. Crandall (approx. 6.9 miles away); Gertrude A. Williams (approx. 6.9 miles away); Kennedy Mills (approx. 7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Randolph.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 21, 2021, by Bruce Kelly of Perry, New York. This page has been viewed 53 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 21, 2021, by Bruce Kelly of Perry, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.