Sts. Cornelius and Cyprian Church
Father Connelly of Williamston was assigned to the parish in 1898. The next year, he led construction of a larger church that could accommodate more members. It was paid for as it was constructed. In 1905 Father Connelly, now the resident priest, continued further expansion. The parish built a rectory and a convent, and the original church was moved from the cemetery across the street and converted into a school staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph from Kalamazoo.
Erected 2014 by Michigan Historical Commission - Michigan Historical Center. (Marker Number L2262.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1899.
Location. 42° 29.384′ N, 84° 18.393′ W. Marker is in Leslie, Michigan, in Ingham County. Marker is on Catholic Church Road 0.4 miles east of Williamston Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1320 Catholic Church Rd, Leslie MI 49251, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Meridian - Base Line Initial Point (approx. 5.3 miles away); This Boulder (approx. 6.1 miles away); Millville United Methodist Church (approx. 6.4 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. 6.9 miles away); City of Leslie (approx. 6.9 miles away); Stockbridge Civil War Memorial (approx. Stockbridge Town Hall (approx. 7 miles away); Tuttle Park Veterans Memorial (approx. 7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Leslie.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 27, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 25, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 32 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 25, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.