The Salem Campus
Single Sisters House (1785) The oldest building on campus. Extensive renovation of the house was completed in 2007, and it now serves as a Welcome Center and Museum for Salem Academy and College. Also located in the building is is the Office of Admissions, the Bookstore, and seminar classrooms.
South Residence Hall (1805) Built for the first Salem boarders, South has housed students for over 200 years.
Salem Academy (1930) Founded in 1772, a four-year college preparatory school for girls, grades 9-12.
Erected by Salem College.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 2007.
Location. 36° 5.265′ N, 80° 14.475′ W. Marker is in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, in Forsyth County. Marker is at the intersection of South Church Street and East Academy Street, on the left when traveling south on South Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9 E Academy St, Winston Salem NC 27101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rt. Rev. Edw. Rondthaler, D.D. (within shouting distance of this marker);
More about this marker. Sections of the marker that do not share significant history have not been transcribed.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 28, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 27 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 28, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.