Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Winchester in Franklin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Trinity Episcopal Church

 
 
Trinity Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, May 1, 2021
1. Trinity Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription.  
National Register
of Historic Places

Tennessee
Historical Commission

Trinity Episcopal
Church

 
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1874.
 
Location. 35° 11.111′ N, 86° 6.831′ W. Marker is in Winchester, Tennessee, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of 1st Avenue NW (Tennessee Route 16) and South Vine Street, on the left when traveling west on 1st Avenue NW. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 213 1st Avenue NW, Winchester TN 37398, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Built 1920 (within shouting distance of this marker); Built 1914 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Winchester's Civil War Sites (about 300 feet away); Built 1903 (about 300 feet away); Built 1920s (about 300 feet away); a different marker also named Built 1920 (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named
Trinity Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, May 1, 2021
2. Trinity Episcopal Church Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
Built 1903 (about 400 feet away); Built 1916 (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Winchester.
 
Regarding Trinity Episcopal Church. From the National Register of Historic Places registration:
The congregation of Trinity Episcopal Church was established in 1859. By 1860 they had purchased a building from First Cumberland Presbyterian Church. After this building was destroyed by fire during the Civil War, services were first held in the courthouse and then later in Carrick Academy. A campaign was underway in 1870 to raise money for the construction of a new building. On July 16, 1872, Bishop Charles Quintard wrote that the foundation of Trinity Church had been laid. The building was completed in 1874 at its present location.

 
Also see . . .  Trinity Episcopal Church. National Register of Historic Places nomination form (PDF) (Submitted on May 2, 2021, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.) 
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 4, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 2, 2021, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 27 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 2, 2021, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=172409

Paid Advertisement
May. 6, 2021