Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
War of 1812 Dead
Erected 1963 by Michigan Historical Commission, Society of the War of 1812 in the State of Michigan, and Michigan Society United States Daughters of 1812. (Marker Number 242.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • Military • Native Americans • War of 1812. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission, and the United States Daughters of 1812, National Society series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is September 29, 1813.
Location. Marker has been permanently removed. It was located Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 305 Michigan Ave, Detroit MI 48226, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. General Casimir Pulaski (a few steps from this marker); Chicago Road (within shouting distance of this marker); The War of 1812 in Detroit / War of 1812 Grave Site (within shouting distance of this marker); Michigan's First Capitol/Capitol Union School (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First Capitol Building in Michigan (about 700 feet away); Finney Barn (about 700 feet away); Detroit's Underground Railway Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); Comerica Incorporated (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
More about this marker. This marker has been replaced with a newer marker and moved 200 ft NNE.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 4, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 17, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,769 times since then and 30 times this year. Last updated on May 4, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 17, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.