Franklin County Pioneers
James B. Reeve
Fernando, Henry, Orrilla, Orson, Beulah, Rumsey, Susan, Albert, Ellen, Herman, Emily.
August 5, 1855
County organized and first election held in a log house 40 ft. west. County business was transacted here until court house was built in 1857.
James B. Reeve
Capt. of Co. H, 32nd IA.
Erected by Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1852.
Location. 42° 40.774′ N, 93° 9.949′ W. Marker is near Geneva, Iowa, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Raven Avenue and 105th Street (County Highway C47), on the right when traveling north on Raven Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Geneva IA 50633, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old Stone House (a few steps from this marker); Power To The People (approx. 3˝ miles away); Ackley, Iowa Veterans Memorial
More about this marker. Located on the western side of the lot of the Leander Reeve House.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 6, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 5, 2021, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 42 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 5, 2021, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.