Near Buckhead in Morgan County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Park Home and Site of Park’s Mill
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 104-4.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society, and the Sherman’s March to the Sea series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is May 4, 1850.
Location. 33° 29.393′ N, 83° 17.255′ W. Marker is near Buckhead, Georgia, in Morgan County. Marker is on Wood Road 0.9 miles east of Woods Road, Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1511 Wood Road, Buckhead GA 30625, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Park's Mill (approx. 2.8 miles away); The Oconee River Railroad Bridge (approx. 3˝ miles away); Swords (approx. 4 miles away); The March to the Sea (approx. 4.1 miles away); Stagecoach Road (approx. 6.8 miles away); Federal Raid (approx. 6.9 miles away); Rock Eagle Mound (approx. 7 miles away); Georgia 4-H Center (approx. 7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buckhead.
Regarding Park Home and Site of Park’s Mill. The mill collapsed before the 1930s. The house was moved to its present location by the Georgia Power Company and extensively remodeled in 1979 when Lake Oconee was created. The original site of the house, approximately 1.5 miles north of the present site, is now under Lake Oconee.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 22, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,339 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 22, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 4, 5. submitted on April 29, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.