Cumberland Township in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Battery D, Second U.S. Artillery
Artillery Brigade - Sixth Corps
Army of the Potomac
Battery D Second U.S. Artillery
Four Light 12 Pounders
Lieut. Edward B. Williston commanding
July 2 Arrived with the Corps and took position and remained on Taneytown Road.
Erected 1907 by Gettysburg National Military Park Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is July 2, 1863.
Location. 39° 47.925′ N, 77° 13.77′ W. Marker is in Cumberland Township, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker is on Taneytown Road (State Highway 134), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sarah Patterson Farm (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jacob Swisher Farm (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1st New Jersey Brigade (approx. ¼ mile away); Sixth Corps (approx. ¼ mile away); First Brigade (approx. ¼ mile away); 37th Massachusetts Infantry (approx. Fifth Army Corps (approx. ¼ mile away); 5th Corps Headquarters (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cumberland Township.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 22, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 791 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 22, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.