Brazoria in Brazoria County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old Brazoria Cemetery
Site given to Brazoria in 1827 by government of Mexico as cemetery for Catholics; thus was open to all residents, as all Austin Colony settlers were legally Catholics. By 1930, this was full, and new cemetery was opened. Most pioneer families have members buried here.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9532.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 29° 3.317′ N, 95° 33.8′ W. Marker is in Brazoria, Texas, in Brazoria County. Marker is at the intersection of Camp Street and Star Street, on the left when traveling north on Camp Street. The marker is at the north corner of the cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brazoria TX 77422, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Don Carlos Barrett (within shouting distance of this marker); Dr. Sofie Deligath Herzog (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Brazoria Townsite (about 600 feet away); Site of the Home of John AustinSite of Jane Long's Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); Masonic Oak (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Masonic Oak (approx. 0.4 miles away); Brazoria Bridge (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brazoria.
Also see . . . Old Brazoria Cemetery at Find-a-Grave. (Submitted on May 11, 2021, by Chris Kneupper of Brazoria, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 13, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 3, 2021, by Chris Kneupper of Brazoria, Texas. This page has been viewed 106 times since then and 30 times this year. Last updated on May 12, 2021, by Chris Kneupper of Brazoria, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 3, 2021, by Chris Kneupper of Brazoria, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.