Sylvania Historical Village
The Sylvania Historical Village was established to collect, conserve, research, exhibit and interpret material and artifacts which contribute to an understanding of the history and development of Ohio, with emphasis on the Northwest Ohio Valley and the Sylvania area. Developing structures and programs that reflect the history and lifestyles of these early settlers are serving this goal.
The mission of the Sylvania Historical Village is to bring the past to life so that it may be fully appreciated and understood.
Volunteers staff the Historical Village and
programs. Volunteer opportunities are available for
all ages and fit a variety of interests. Phone (419)
882-4865 for more information on volunteering at the
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Notable Places • Parks & Recreational Areas • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 41° 43.088′ N, 83° 42.251′ W. Marker is in Sylvania, Ohio, in Lucas County. Marker is on Main Street, 0.1 miles south
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Log Home (here, next to this marker); Stone Academy (a few steps from this marker); 1850 Barn (a few steps from this marker); Railroad Car Barn (within shouting distance of this marker); 1858 Railroad Depot (within shouting distance of this marker); Sister City Garden (within shouting distance of this marker); Sylvania Heritage Museum (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Erie and Kalamazoo Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sylvania.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 17, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 13, 2021, by TeamOHE of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 69 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 14, 2021, by TeamOHE of Napoleon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.