Chillicothe in Ross County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of Ohio's First Statehouse
Erected 2000 by Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Chillicothe & Ross County 2003 Commission of Chillicothe's Bicentennial Commission, Ross County Historical Society, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 3-71.)
Topics and series. Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1917.
Location. 39° 19.998′ N, 82° 58.938′ W. Marker is in Chillicothe, Ohio, in Ross County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 50) and Paint Street, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Marker is at southeast corner of courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chillicothe OH 45601, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Court House Renovation (within shouting distance of this marker); Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Ohio (within shouting distance of this marker); Donald E. McHenry (within shouting distance of this marker); A Replica of Ohio's First Capitol (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Site in Journalism (about 500 feet away); The Chillicothe Gazette (about 500 feet away); Banking Crisis of 1819 (about 500 feet away); Scioto Lodge No. 6 F. & A. M. (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chillicothe.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 14, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 24, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 953 times since then and 65 times this year. Last updated on May 14, 2021, by Grant & Mary Ann Fish of Galloway, Ohio. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 24, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 6. submitted on August 20, 2019, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.