Central Fire Station
This structure was built in 1927 to house the Beaumont fire Department. Organized in 1881. Designed by the architectural firm of Livesay and Wiedemann, the building was constructed on the site of two earlier fire stations. Influences of the Spanish renaissance revival style, which was popular at the time, are evident in the red brick ornamentation and the geometric tile work under the eaves of the roof.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983
Official Historical Medallion
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10498.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Heroes • Law Enforcement.
Location. 30° 5.155′ N, 94° 5.923′ W. Marker is in Beaumont, Texas, in Jefferson County. Marker is at the intersection of South Walnut Street and Mulberry Street on South Walnut Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 South Walnut Street, Beaumont TX 77701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Enterprise-Journal (within shouting distance of this marker); Sanders House
Credits. This page was last revised on May 15, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 15, 2021, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 39 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 15, 2021, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.