Peter Navarre Cabin
Peter Navarre, 1787 - 18874
— Indian Scout, War of 1812 —
The cabin was built by Peter Navarre Jr. for his father, The Scout, between 1860 and 1870 on the Mominee Family Farm near Corduroy Rd in East Toledo. The cabin was relocated to Navarre Park in East Toledo in 1922, to the Toledo Zoological Society grounds in 1957, and to the Toledo Botanical Garden in 1975. Peter Navarre is considered the first citizen of the East Side, having settled there in 1807.
During the War of 1812 he daringly carried communications through difficult enemy territory aiding the United States in winning the Battle of Lake Erie against the British
in September 1813.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Parks & Recreational Areas • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1813.
Location. 41° 40.054′ N, 83° 40.361′ W. Marker is in Toledo, Ohio, in Lucas County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Rector Road and Morgan Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5403 Elmer Dr, Toledo OH 43615, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named The Peter Navarre Cabin (here, next
Credits. This page was last revised on May 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 18, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 43 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 18, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.