Highland Park in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Home of Model T
Erected 1956 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number S3A.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1913.
Location. 42° 24.614′ N, 83° 5.988′ W. Marker is in Highland Park, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Woodward Avenue and Sears Street, on the right when traveling north on Woodward Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14522-14784 Woodward Avenue, Highland Park MI 48203, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Highland Park Plant (approx. 0.2 miles away); The First Mile of Concrete HighwayJames Smith House (approx. 1.3 miles away); Duane Doty School (approx. 1.7 miles away); Conant Gardens (approx. 1.9 miles away); Henry Ford House (approx. 2 miles away); Temple No. 1 / Masjid Wali Muhammad (approx. 2.1 miles away); Central Woodward Christian Church (approx. 2.2 miles away).
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. This marker number is shared with "Highland Park Plant" though they are blocks apart. Special permission granted by the State of Michigan.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 30, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 23, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 84 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 23, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.