Dayton Triangles Locker Room
On October 3, 1920, the Dayton Triangles played the first game of the National Football League, defeating the Columbus Panhandles 14-0 at Triangle Park in north Dayton.
In 1916, the Dayton Triangles, an amateur football team, was organized. The team consisted of employees from three Dayton factories: DELCO, Dayton Metal Products, and the Domestic Engineering Company. Their factories formed an industrial triangle in downtown Dayton giving the Triangles their name. This building was one of two locker rooms located on their home field at Triangle Park.
The Dayton Triangles was a charter member of the American Professional Football Association, organized in Canton, Ohio on September 17, 1920. The name of the association was changed to the National Football League in 1922.
Built circa 1916 in Triangle Park in Dayton.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Parks & Recreational Areas • Sports. A significant historical date for this entry is September 17, 1920.
Location. 39° 43.693′ N, 84° 11.998′ W. Marker is in Dayton, Ohio, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Carillon
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Culp's Cafe (a few steps from this marker); William Morris House (within shouting distance of this marker); Hetzel Summer Kitchen (within shouting distance of this marker); Newcom House (within shouting distance of this marker); This Sun Dial (within shouting distance of this marker); History on the Hills Interpretive Center (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old River Park Swimming Pool Light Tower (within shouting distance of this marker); Newcom Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dayton.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 23, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 23, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 42 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 23, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.