The Great 1913 Flood Exhibit Building
How deep did the water get? The blue line above the front doors marks the depth of the 1913 flood waters where you are now standing: 18.2 feet.
On the morning of March 25, 1913, the citizens of Dayton awoke to the sounds of factory whistles blowing and church bells ringing amid the heavy rains. It was a warning that the Great Miami River was on the verge of breaching the levees.
The Great 1913 Flood and what happened in its aftermath changed Dayton and the Miami Valley forever.
Built in 1962 in Carillon Historical Park. The Flood exhibit was added in 2012.
Signage funded by Warren E. and Thelma L. Snyder
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Disasters • Waterways & Vessels. A significant historical date for this entry is March 25, 1913.
Location. 39° 43.699′ N, 84° 12.11′ W. Marker is in Dayton, Ohio, in Montgomery County. Marker can be reached from Carillon Boulevard 0.2 miles west of South Patterson Boulevard, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dayton OH 45409, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dayton Sales (within shouting distance of this marker); Bowling Green Depot
Credits. This page was last revised on May 25, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 23, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 23, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.