Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Saint Mary of the Springs Academy / Anne O'Hare McCormick 1880-1954
Saint Mary of the Springs Academy
Anne O'Hare McCormick 1880-1954
Erected 2003 by Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The International Paper Company Foundation, The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 49-25.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion • Education • Settlements & Settlers • Women. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1830.
Location. 39° 59.446′ N, 82° 56.51′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is on the grounds of Ohio Dominican University, about 600 feet up the drive from the school entrance at the intersection of Airport Drive/Leonard Avenue and Sunbury Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2320 Airport Drive, Columbus OH 43219, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Spirit of the Springs (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ohio Dominican University Est. 1911 / Early Sister-Founderesses of Ohio Dominican UniversityAlum Creek & The Underground Railroad / The Underground Railroad (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mount Vernon Community School (approx. 1.4 miles away); Bexley (approx. 1˝ miles away); Camp Bushnell (approx. 1˝ miles away); Bexley World War II Memorial (approx. 1˝ miles away); Formerly Maryland Park (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Also see . . .
1. Ohio Dominican University website. (Submitted on March 30, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Anne O'Hare McCormick obituary from New York Times. (Submitted on March 30, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on March 27, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 2,236 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 27, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.