Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Roy J. Plunkett
June 26, 1910 - May 12, 1994
Erected 2003 by The Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The International Paper Company Foundation, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 48-25.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education Industry & Commerce • Science & Medicine. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 6, 1938.
Location. 40° 0.139′ N, 83° 0.704′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is on 18th Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Marker is on The Ohio State University campus, in the courtyard south of the Celeste Laboratory of Chemistry, west of the Newman and Wolfram Laboratory of Chemistry, and east of McPherson Chemical Lab. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 120 W 18th Avenue, Columbus OH 43210, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wilbur H. Siebert Collection (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); University Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Ohio State University (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Underground Railroad on University Land (approx. 0.3 miles away); Browning Amphitheatre / The Outdoor Performance Center (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named The Underground Railroad on University Land (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named The Underground Railroad on University LandGeneral Curtis E. LeMay (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on March 28, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,190 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 28, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.