Cumberland Township in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
120th New York Infantry
2rd Brigade, 2rd Division
— 3rd Corps —
New York Infantry
Held This Part Of The Line,
On The Second Day Of July, 1863.
Present for Duty,
30 Officers, 397 Men. Total 427.
From The War Department,
Killed In Battle,
6 Officers, 25 Men.
10 Officers, 144 Men.
Missing 17, Total 204.
2d Brigade, 2d Division, 3d Corps.
In Which The Regiment Was Engaged.
From The War Department.
Gettysburg, James City, Mine Run,
Totopotomy, Cold Harbor, Petersburg,
Strawberry Plains, Deep Bottom,
Poplar Spring Church,
Boydton Plank Road (Oct. 27-28, 1864),
Dabney's Mill (or Hatcher's Run),
(or Tucker's House, March 25, 1865),
Boydton Plank Road (March 31, 1865),
White Oak Road, Amelia Springs,
Farmville, Appomattox Court House.
(Disk on the Bottom):
Supported the left
centre of the Army.
Mustered into the U.S. Service
August 22, 1862.
June 3, 1865.
Erected 1889 by State of New York.
Topics. This memorial is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is July 2, 1863.
Location. 39° 48.28′ N, 77° 14.766′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wilcox's Brigade (within shouting distance of this marker); Battery K, Fourth U.S. Artillery (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); 11th New Jersey Volunteers (about 500 feet away); 105th Pennsylvania Infantry (about 500 feet away); First Brigade (about 600 feet away); 12th New Hampshire Volunteers (about 700 feet away); Artillery Brigade (about 700 feet away); Second Brigade (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cumberland Township.
Also see . . .
1. 120th New York Infantry. Service history of the Regiment. (Submitted on March 28, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. 120th New York Infantry Monument. SIRIS entry for the monument. (Submitted on March 28, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 28, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,676 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on March 28, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.