Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Westland in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Chubb Cemetery

 
 
Chubb Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
By J.T. Lambrou, May 23, 2021
1. Chubb Cemetery Marker
Inscription.  
Final Resting Place Of Some Of Nanking Township's
Most Outstanding Pioneers

------...--------
Designated by Glode Chubb in 1849

Deeded To The City Of Westland in 1968, By
Myra Woodhull and Dale and Marion Curtiss,
Descendants Of Glode Chubb

Officially Dedicated As A
City Historical Site
On October 23, 1971

 
Erected 1971.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
 
Location. 42° 19.95′ N, 83° 25.444′ W. Marker is in Westland, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is on Warren Road 0.2 miles east of Webb Drive, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 38450 Warren Rd, Westland MI 48185, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nankin Township School District No. 3 (approx. 0.8 miles away); Newburgh Cemetery (approx. 2.1 miles away); Newburg Methodist Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); Chief Tonquish Burial Site (approx. 2.3 miles away);
Chubb Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
By J.T. Lambrou, May 23, 2021
2. Chubb Cemetery Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
Newburgh Mill (approx. 2˝ miles away); Roadside Development (approx. 2.8 miles away); Nankin Mills (approx. 2.9 miles away); "Learning by Doing" (approx. 3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Westland.
 
Also see . . .  Chubb Cemetery, Westland, Michigan. Excerpt:
The Chubb Cemetery is located on Warren Avenue, just west of Hix Road, in the Westland. (If you make a right turn here, you are about 2 or 3 blocks from the FHC Library). In 1825 Glode D. Chubb and his wife, Pamelia purchased farm land here, from the government and a frame church was built on the property in 1828. They then sold the land to Stephen G. Hayward on November 3, 1852. Hayward recorded that about 3 rods of land were already in use as burial ground, which he continued to maintain.
(Submitted on June 1, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.) 
 
Chubb Cemetery image. Click for full size.
By J.T. Lambrou, May 23, 2021
3. Chubb Cemetery
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 1, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 12 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 1, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=174353

Paid Advertisement
Jun. 12, 2021