South Rockwood in Monroe County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Historic State Police Post
The South Rockwood Detachment, Lt. Orva Jackson, Cmmdr. was moved to Rockwood, one mile north, into the first standardized State Police Post erected in Michigan, in 1930.
Erected 1987 by Rockwood Area Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Law Enforcement. A significant historical year for this entry is 1917.
Location. 42° 3.738′ N, 83° 15.326′ W. Marker is in South Rockwood, Michigan, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of North Dixie Highway and South Huron River Drive, on the right when traveling north on North Dixie Highway. Located at the corner of the Sunoco Gas Station. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. State Police Post (approx. ¾ mile away); Hull's Trace (approx. 2½ miles away); Cornelius G. Munger General Store (approx. 2.6 miles away); War of 1812 Memorial (approx. 2.9 miles away); Battle of Brownstown (approx. 2.9 miles away); Pointe Mouillee Marsh (approx. 3.3 miles away); Ford Motor Company Lamp Factory (approx. 3.3 miles away); Potter Cemetery / Public Act 525 of 2012 (approx. 3.6 miles away).
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 4, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 3, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 80 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 3, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.