DX Gas Station
This DX Station was located at the corner of W. Washington and N. Main. This was taken in 1938 when Dale Sprouls owned the station.
Later Bob Overholser took possession. He operated the station until the late 1960's. This station had an outdoor lift, so not too many oil changes were done in the winter months.
Inn the early 1970's, Dick and Bob Miracle took over the station and converted it to Conoco. It has since been torn down and used as a parking lot.
For more information about the DX Station, stop at the Churubusco History Center.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1938.
Location. 41° 13.876′ N, 85° 19.203′ W. Marker is in Churubusco, Indiana, in Whitley County. Marker is on West Washington Street just west of Lincoln Highway (U.S. 33), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 125 N Main St, Churubusco IN 46723, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Here's how Churubusco got its name (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Churubusco Railroad Depot
Credits. This page was last revised on June 9, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 5, 2021, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 5, 2021, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.