Indianapolis in Marion County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Crossing of the National and Michigan Roads
Indiana Statehood Centennial
This milestone marks the crossing of the National and Michigan Roads. Over these roads came many pioneers, who, by their courage and industry founded the great commonwealth of Indiana.
The one hundredth anniversary of the admission of Indiana into the Union is commemorated by this stone
Erected 1916 by Cornelia Cole Fairbanks Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Political Subdivisions • Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 39° 45.998′ N, 86° 8.448′ W. Marker is in Indianapolis, Indiana, in Marion County. Marker is at the intersection of Old National Road (U.S. 40) and Southeastern Avenue (U.S. 421), on the left when traveling west on Old National Road. at Shelby Street. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Market Street Temple (approx. half a mile away); James Whitcomb Riley Home (approx. half a mile away); St. Vincent’s Infirmary (approx. 0.6 miles away); Little Sisters of the Poor (approx. 0.6 miles away); Calvin Fletcher (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lockerbie Square (approx. 0.6 miles away); Willard Park (approx. 0.6 miles away); “Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis Has Left the Building” (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Indianapolis.
Additional keywords. Daughters of the American Revolution
Credits. This page was last revised on June 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 7, 2021, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on June 7, 2021, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.