King William in King William County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
First Presiding Justice of this court
April 20, 1702
Erected 1952 by The Society of Descendants of Henry Fox and Wife Anne West.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Government & Politics • Political Subdivisions. A significant historical date for this entry is January 20, 1702.
Location. 37° 41.264′ N, 77° 0.792′ W. Marker is in King William, Virginia, in King William County. Marker can be reached from Horse Landing Road (Route 619) just north of Courthouse Road (Virginia Route 1301), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 41 Horse Landing Rd, King William VA 23086, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. King William County Colonial Court House (here, next to this marker); Henry Jenner Jones King William Confederate Monument (a few steps from this marker); King William Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); King William County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named King William Courthouse (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cockacoeske (approx. 0.7 miles away); Pamunkey Indians (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in King William.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 27, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 27, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 142 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 27, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.