Trice Mill Stones
These mill stones were first used in King and Queen County in the water-powered grist mill established near Mascot by James Trice who came from England in 1673 and is credited with starting the Trice family.
Forrest Norman salvaged the mill stone from the ruins of the Trice Mill and used them in his gasoline-powered grist mill near Mascot until the Norman Mill was discontinued about 1963.
Loanded by Mr. Robert F. Norman, cousin of Forrest Norman, and Mrs. Norman.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1673.
Location. 37° 40.151′ N, 76° 52.671′ W. Marker is in King and Queen Court House, Virginia, in King and Queen County. Marker is on Court House Landing Road (Virginia Route 655) 0.1 miles south of Allens Circle (Virginia Route 681), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 146 Court House Landing Rd, King and Queen Court House VA 23085, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. County Clerks Office Site (a few steps from this marker); King and Queen County Confederate Monument
Credits. This page was last revised on June 27, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 27, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 77 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 27, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.