Grafton in Taylor County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Andrews Methodist Episcopal Church
Mother-Church of Mothers' Day
— United Methodist Church Registered Historic Site No. 431 —
Founder - Miss Anna Jarvis.
Minister - Dr. H. C. Howard.
Church School Supt. - Mr. L. L. Loar.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Women. In addition, it is included in the United Methodist Church Historic Sites series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 10, 1908.
Location. 39° 20.447′ N, 80° 1.103′ W. Marker is in Grafton, West Virginia, in Taylor County. Marker is on East Main Street (U.S. 119) just east of St. John Street, on the right when traveling west. The marker hangs on the right side of the front door. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 11 E Main St, Grafton WV 26354, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. B&O Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Cohen Building (within shouting distance of this marker); First Presbyterian Church of Grafton (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Willard Hotel (about 300 feet away); Elks Lodge No. 308 (about 300 St. Augustine Catholic Church (about 400 feet away); B&O Railroad (about 500 feet away); Gough Building (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grafton.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 20, 2023. It was originally submitted on July 3, 2021, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. This page has been viewed 144 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 3, 2021, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.