Beaver Area Heritage Foundation
1978 Fort Mclntosh (built 1778) archeology completed and the River Road historic site opened to the public.
1998 The Foundation established the Beaver Area Heritage Museum in the renovated 1910 P&LE freight house just south of here.
2002 A local 1802 log house was reconstructed at the museum.
2015 The Foundation opened Beaver Station Cultural & Event Center in the restored 1897 P&LE passenger station.
The Third Street sidewalk garden is designed and lovingly
maintained by the Penn State Master Gardeners.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Parks & Recreational Areas. A significant historical year for this entry is 1967.
Location. 40° 41.89′ N, 80° 17.842′ W. Marker is in Beaver, Pennsylvania, in Beaver County. Marker is on East End Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Beaver PA 15009, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A New Era Begins 1986-Present (here, next to this marker); Growth And Decline 1946-1985 (here, next to this marker); Immigration and Migration Patterns (a few steps
Credits. This page was last revised on July 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 11, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 35 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 11, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.