Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Marshall in Calhoun County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Michigan Ave.

 
 
Michigan Ave. Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J.T. Lambrou, July 12, 2021
1. Michigan Ave. Marker
Inscription.  This Potawatomi Indian Trail later became the Territorial Road until called State Street in the 1833 Plat of the Upper Village of Marshall. Per inducement by the Legislature in 1923, it was renamed Michigan Avenue. The street also served as U.S. 12 (Red Arrow Highway) until the opening of the interstate in 1959. Officially, this state highway is know today as Business Loop I-94. It remains Marshall's commercial artery.
 
Erected by Rotary International.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1833.
 
Location. 42° 16.329′ N, 84° 57.869′ W. Marker is in Marshall, Michigan, in Calhoun County. Marker is at the intersection of Michigan Avenue and North Kalamazoo Avenue, on the left when traveling west on Michigan Avenue. Marker is at Brooks Memorial Fountain. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 323 W Michigan Ave, Marshall MI 49068, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Courthouse / Brooks Memorial Fountain (within shouting distance of this marker); Marshall (within shouting distance of this marker); Honolulu House
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); Liberty Tree Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Marshall Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Isaac E. Crary House (within shouting distance of this marker); National House Inn (within shouting distance of this marker); National House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marshall.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 15, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 80 times since then and 17 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on July 15, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=177326

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Dec. 8, 2022