Bedford in Bedford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
NW Boundary Original Survey of Bedford
May - June, 1766
Erected by Bedford Chapter, DAR and the Pioneer Historical Society of Bedford County.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1766.
Location. 40° 1.132′ N, 78° 30.457′ W. Marker is in Bedford, Pennsylvania, in Bedford County. Marker is at the intersection of Pitt Street and West Street, on the right when traveling west on Pitt Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 248 Pitt Street, Bedford PA 15522, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Forbes Road (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Bedford (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Court House and Prison Built in 1774 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grist Millstone (approx. 0.2 miles away); SW Boundary Original Survey of Bedford (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bedford County Civil War Monument This Tablet Marks The Site of Fort Bedford (approx. ¼ mile away); "King's House" (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bedford.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 21, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 15, 2021, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. This page has been viewed 122 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 15, 2021, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.