Jamestown in Chautauqua County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
924 Lakeview Avenue
Jamestown Architectural Heritage
Beck & Tinkham
Built in 1954
J. Russell Rogerson, Attorney
and buried directly across in the cemetery
Erected by Lakeview Avenue Community Action Project (LACAP).
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical year for this entry is 1954.
Location. 42° 6.693′ N, 79° 14.196′ W. Marker is in Jamestown, New York, in Chautauqua County. Marker is on Lakeview Avenue north of Buffalo Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker is located beside the sidewalk, directly in front of the subject house. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 924 Lakeview Avenue, Jamestown NY 14701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 934 Lakeview Avenue (a few steps from this marker); 907 Lakeview Avenue (within shouting distance of this marker); 904 Lakeview Avenue (within shouting distance of this marker); 102 Buffalo Street & 802 Lakeview Avenue (about 400 feet Jamestown Oak (about 500 feet away); Spanish-American War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Erected in Honor (approx. Ό mile away); Charles Justin Bailey (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jamestown.
Regarding 924 Lakeview Avenue. Contributing property, Lakeview Avenue Historic District, NRHP#100000753.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Jamestown Architectural Heritage
Also see . . . Lakeview Avenue Historic District. The district is a predominantly residential neighborhood composed mainly of single-family houses built from the 1850s to the 1950s as Jamestown's population grew and spread outward. Buildings in the district, most of which were built as single-family houses, exemplify the range of domestic architectural styles that were popular from the mid-nineteenth to mid-twentieth century, with most built between 1891 and 1930 when the neighborhood was served by an electric streetcar line. (Submitted on July 27, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 27, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 171 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 27, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.