Sandy Springs in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hascall’s Div. Camped
Hascall’s march was by routes now known as Mt. Vernon Rd. & Long Island Dr. -- the Thomas Burdett farm being one of the landmarks cited in records as Hascall’s camping place.
Hascall’s position here was by way of occupying the gap between the 4th A. C. at Crossroads Ch & Cox’s div. on Nancy’s Cr. near Old Cross Keys. July 18, Hascall moved N. E. to join Cox; the 4th A.C., S. E. on Power’s Fy. Rd. to Buckhead.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-11.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1865.
Location. 33° 53.519′ N, 84° 23.518′ W. Marker is in Sandy Springs, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 156 Mount Paran Road NW, Atlanta GA 30328, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Howard's March to Buckhead (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Galloway School (approx. 1.2 miles away); Howard’s Corps at Nancy’s Creek (approx. 1.6 miles away); 4th & 23d A.C. Advance (approx. 1.7 miles away); Williams' Ky. Cavalry at Nancy's Creek (approx. 1.7 miles away); To Sandy Springs and Old Cross Keys (approx. 1.7 miles away); 23d A.C. to Decatur (approx. 1.9 miles away); Howard's 4th A.C. Line (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sandy Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 11, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,142 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 11, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.