Wolfe City in Hunt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Historic Site of Wolfe’s Mill
Grist (corn) mill built about 1873 by pioneers Lemuel P. Wolfe and Abbey Wilson. Powered by oxen, treading inclined wheel. Area's first post office was located in millhouse, which was center for the settlement called "Wolfe's Mill," incorporated in 1886 as "Wolfe City."
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 7841.)
Topics. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 33° 22.051′ N, 96° 4.063′ W. Marker is in Wolfe City, Texas, in Hunt County. Memorial is on South Mill Street north of Hanna Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wolfe City TX 75496, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Blanton School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mt. Carmel Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); Old National Road Crossing (approx. 4 miles away); Gober Cemetery (approx. 6.9 miles away); Gober Garage (approx. 7.1 miles Gober Baptist Church (approx. 7.2 miles away); Gober Public Schools (approx. 7.2 miles away); Ashley Lodge No. 681, A. F. & A. M. (approx. 7.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wolfe City.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 31, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 24, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 186 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 24, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.