Boston in Suffolk County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Union Oyster House
National Historic Landmark
This site possesses national significance
in commemorating the history of the
United States of America
The oldest continually operated restaurant and oyster bar in the United States, constructed between 1716 and 1717, it is a rare surviving brick example of Boston’s Georgian architecture.
National Park Service
United States Department of the Interior
Erected 2003 by National Park Service.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Historic Landmarks marker series.
Location. 42° 21.678′ N, 71° 3.416′ W. Marker is in Boston, Massachusetts, in Suffolk County. Marker is at the intersection of Union Street and Marsh Lane, on the right when traveling north on Union Street. Marker is located along the route of the Freedom Trail. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 41 Union Street, Boston MA 02108, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Green Dragon Tavern (a few steps from this marker); Proclamation of the "Bells" Journey Ebenezer Hancock House (within shouting distance of this marker); Samuel Adams (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Faneuil Hall (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Faneuil Hall (about 500 feet away); Bunch of Grapes Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Boston Massacre (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Boston.
Also see . . . Union Oyster House website. (Submitted on April 19, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Union Oyster House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 19, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,793 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 19, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.