Sunbury in Delaware County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Sunbury, Ohio / Sunbury Town Hall
“An Ohio Stagecoach Town from 1820-1873”
Erected 2003 by Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Sunbury Fund of the Delaware County Community Foundation, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 9-21.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Churches & Religion • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #09 William Henry Harrison, the Former U.S. Presidents: #19 Rutherford B. Hayes, and the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1816.
Location. 40° 14.517′ N, 82° 51.563′ W. Marker is in Sunbury, Ohio, in Delaware County. Marker is at the intersection of Granville Street and Columbus Street, on the left when traveling east on Granville Street. Marker is on the south grounds of the town hall. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sunbury OH 43074, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sunbury Veterans Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Major General William Starke Rosecrans / Glacial Erratics (about 300 feet away); Purple Heart Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ohio Fallen Heroes Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Galena War Memorial (approx. 2.1 miles away); Galena (approx. 2.1 miles away); Hoover Reservoir (approx. 2.2 miles away); Birthplace of Gen. Wm. S. Rosecrans (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sunbury.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 2,520 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 26, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.