Douglas in Coffee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Douglas Surgical Institute and Infirmary
September, 1909, as the first hospital
in the area. The cost, including land,
building, and equipment was $18,000.
Dr. C. W. Roberts
Builders and Owners:
B. H. Tanner, F. L. Sweat, C.M. Sweat
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Science & Medicine. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1909.
Location. 31° 30.53′ N, 82° 51.086′ W. Marker is in Douglas, Georgia, in Coffee County. Marker is on West Ward Street (Georgia Route 32) 0.1 miles west of Peterson Avenue South (U.S. 441), on the left when traveling west. Marker is mounted at eye-level near the northeast corner of the subject building, facing north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 West Ward Street, Douglas GA 31533, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Coffee County Confederate Monument (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Coffee County (about 300 feet away); a different marker also named Coffee County (about 300 feet away); G & F Railroad / Norfolk Southern Railroad The Coffee County Bank Building (about 400 feet away); Martin Theater (about 500 feet away); Tanner Mercantile Company (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Tanner Mercantile Company (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Douglas.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 13, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 84 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 13, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.