Near Boyce in Clarke County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1976 by Virginia Historic Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number T-2.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era.
Location. 39° 6.453′ N, 78° 0.844′ W. Marker is near Boyce, Virginia, in Clarke County. Marker is at the intersection of Bishop Meade Road (Virginia Route 255) and Lord Fairfax Highway (U.S. 340), on the left when traveling north on Bishop Meade Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Boyce VA 22620, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Briars (approx. 1.6 miles away); Fight at Gold’s Farm (approx. 2.2 miles away); Carter Hall (approx. Town of Boyce (approx. 2.7 miles away); Saratoga (approx. 2.7 miles away); Berryville (approx. 2.8 miles away); Millwood (approx. 2.9 miles away); The Burwell-Morgan Mill (approx. 3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Boyce.
More about this marker. This marker replaces a previous T 2 with the same title, with the text, This place was called “Old Chapel” in 1773. The present building was erected in 1796. Bishop Meade was minister here. Edmund Randolph, Governor of Virginia and Secretary of State, was buried here.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 24, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 23, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,095 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 23, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 6. submitted on April 6, 2009, by Ben Lane of Pace, Florida. 7, 8. submitted on August 13, 2009, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.