Near Sulphur Springs in Hopkins County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Historic Texas Cemetery - 2002
Erected 2002 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13135.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical year for this entry is 1872.
Location. 33° 7.959′ N, 95° 29.569′ W. Marker is near Sulphur Springs, Texas, in Hopkins County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 69, one mile south of Interstate 30, on the right when traveling south. The marker is located at the entrance to the cemetery and Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1006 FM 69, Sulphur Springs TX 75482, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hopkins County (approx. 2.6 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Sulphur Springs (approx. 6.2 miles away); Home County of Texas Confederate General W. H. King / Texas in the Civil War (approx. 6.3 miles away); Hopkins County Courthouse (approx. 6.3 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Sulphur Springs (approx. 6.3 miles away); Hopkins County Echo-Daily News-Telegram (approx. 6.3 miles away); Sulphur Springs Volunteer Fire Department and Fire Bell of 1889 (approx. 6.3 miles away); City National Bank (approx. 6.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sulphur Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 24, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 24, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 56 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 24, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.