Greenwich in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Founders and Proprietors Monument
1640 - 1935
Everardus Bogardus • John Bowers • Robert Feaks • Jeffre Ferris • Angell Husted • Robert Husted • Andrew Messenger • Daniel Patrick • Robert Williams • John Winkelman
27 Proprieters of 1672
John Asten • John Bowers • Walter Butler • Thomas Close • James Ferris • Joseph Ferris • Joseph Finch • Angell Husted • William Hubbert • John Hobby • Samuel Jenkins • Joshua Knapp • Gershom Lockwood • Johathan Lockwood • John Marshall • John Mead • Joseph Mead • Ephraim Palmer • John Palmer • Jeremiah Peck • Samuel Peck • William Ratleff • John Reynolds • Johathan Reynolds • William Rundle • Stephen Sherwood • Daniel Smith
Erected 1935 by Angell Husted Chapter, Daughters of the American Colonists.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Colonists marker series.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Greenwich CT 06830, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. George Washington Paused Here (within shouting distance of this marker); Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Putnam Cottage (approx. 0.2 miles away); Putnam's Escape (approx. 0.3 miles away); Greenwich Veterans Monument (approx. ¾ mile away); Raynal C. Bolling (approx. ¾ mile away); Greenwich World War I Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away); Second Oldest Cemetery in Greenwich (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenwich.
More about this monument. The marker was designed by Mrs. William Barton Chapin, Jr., and given by the Angell Husted Chapter of the Daughters of the American Colonists. It was dedicated on July 19, 1935.
Also see . . . Ye Historie of Ye Town of Greenwich, County of Fairfield and State of Connecticut. (Submitted on May 7, 2009.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Founders and Proprietors Monument.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 5, 2009, by John Reynolds of Chicago, Illinois. This page has been viewed 3,044 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 5, 2009, by John Reynolds of Chicago, Illinois. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.