Amelia Court House in Amelia County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Placed by the Amelia Chapter of the U.D.C. 1940
Erected 1940 by Amelia Chapter of the U.D.C.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy series list.
Location. 37° 20.543′ N, 77° 58.853′ W. Marker is in Amelia Court House, Virginia, in Amelia County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Washington Street and Court Street. This marker is located on the lawn of the Amelia County Court House. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Amelia Court House VA 23002, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Amelia Court House (within shouting distance Marion Harland (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Branch Giles (about 500 feet away); Mrs. Samantha Jane Neil (about 500 feet away); Lee's Retreat (approx. ¼ mile away); Russell Grove Presbyterian Church and School (approx. 0.7 miles away); a different marker also named Lee's Retreat (approx. 5.3 miles away); a different marker also named Lee's Retreat (approx. 5.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Amelia Court House.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 12, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,407 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 12, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.