Amelia Court House in Amelia County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
(12 Dec. 1830-3 June, 1922)
Erected 1998 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number M-28.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Communications • Entertainment • Women. In addition, it is included in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources series list.
Location. 37° 20.472′ N, 77° 58.888′ W. Marker is in Amelia Court House, Virginia, in Amelia County. Marker is at the intersection of Virginia Street and Church Street, on the right when travelingTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Amelia Court House VA 23002, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Branch Giles (a few steps from this marker); Mrs. Samantha Jane Neil (a few steps from this marker); Amelia Court House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lamkin’s Battery (about 500 feet away); Lee's Retreat (approx. 0.2 miles away); Russell Grove Presbyterian Church and School (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Lee's Retreat (approx. 5.3 miles away); a different marker also named Lee's Retreat (approx. 5.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Amelia Court House.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 16, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 838 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 16, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.