Elizabethton in Carter County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Old Post Office
Elizabethton Walking Tour
At least one account has it that in 1908 the post office moved into this building which was owned by Postmaster E. C. Alexander. In July 1920, Dr. C. C. Hacker opened medical offices in this building.
Erected by Elizabethton Walking Tour. (Marker Number 11.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1908.
Location. 36° 20.896′ N, 82° 12.822′ W. Marker is in Elizabethton, Tennessee, in Carter County. Marker is on East Elk Avenue just west of Post Office Street, on the left when traveling east. Marker is mounted over front/south doorway of subject building. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Elizabethton TN 37643, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Barnes Boring Hardware (a few steps from this marker); Burgie Drug (within shouting distance of this marker); Betsy Walkway (within shouting distance of this marker); Samuel Tipton (within shouting distance of this marker); City of Elizabethton Bicentennial (within shouting distance of Public Library (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Court West of the Alleghenies (about 500 feet away); Covered Bridge (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elizabethton.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 1, 2022. It was originally submitted on March 1, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 62 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 1, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.