Sandston in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Battlefield of Seven Pines
Erected by Battlefield Markers Association. (Marker Number 37.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Freeman Markers (Richmond Battlefields) series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 31, 1862.
Location. 37° 31.396′ N, 77° 19.151′ W. Marker is in Sandston, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker is on West Williamsburg Road (U.S. 60), on the right when traveling east. Located between Jackson Avenue and Carter Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sandston VA 23150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. McClellan’s Picket Line (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sandston (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Battlefield of Seven Pines (approx. ¼ mile away); McClellan’s First LineSite of the First Public Library in Henrico County (approx. 0.4 miles away); Seven Pines (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Battlefield of Seven Pines (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Battlefield of Seven Pines (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sandston.
Also see . . .
1. The Battle of Seven Pines. (Submitted on December 8, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. Virtual Tour by Markers of the Battle of Seven Pines. This is one of several markers describing the actions of May 31 - June 1, 1862. (Submitted on May 1, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Additional keywords. Freeman Markers, Richmond Battlefield Parks Corporation, Douglas Southall Freeman
Credits. This page was last revised on April 8, 2022. It was originally submitted on December 8, 2008, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,403 times since then and 63 times this year. Last updated on April 6, 2022, by James Dean of Chesterfield, Virginia. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 8, 2008, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.