Stevenson in Jackson County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Bennett's Cove Cabin
It was given to the Stevenson community park by Mary and Walker Leland Jordan.
The cabin was moved to this site and restored by A. Kathryn Armstrong in commemoration of the American Revolution Bicentennial 1776-1976.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Parks & Recreational Areas.
Location. 34° 51.395′ N, 85° 49.775′ W. Marker is in Stevenson, Alabama, in Jackson County. Marker is on City Park Road, 0.2 miles south of Kentucky Avenue (Alabama Road 117), on the right when traveling south. Marker is in Stevenson City Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Stevenson AL 35772, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Crow Town (approx. half a mile away); Wet, Wild, and Wonderful (approx. half a mile away); Fort Harker (approx. 0.7 miles away); Flight 800 Memorial (approx. 0.9 miles away); Stevenson Depot and Hotel Averyville (approx. 1.2 miles away); Union Army Headquarters (approx. 1.2 miles away); Rocky Springs Church of Christ (approx. 8.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stevenson.
Regarding Bennett's Cove Cabin. A 1976 Jackson County Historical Association newsletter dated the cabin as about 140 years old at the time, indicating it was built in the 1830s. There was no mention of who built it.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 9, 2022. It was originally submitted on May 9, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 161 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 9, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.