Downtown in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Son of Poland
In the American Revolution
Fortified Saratoga and West Point
as Kosciuszko fell."
Erected by the
Polish National Alliance of America
and presented to the
United States on behalf of the
Polish American Citizens
May 11, 1910
Erected 1910 by Polish National Alliance of America.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1650.
Location. 38° 54′ N, 77° 2.123′ W. Marker is in Downtown in Washington, District of Columbia. Marker is at the intersection of H Street Northwest and Madison Place Northwest, on the right when traveling east on H Street Northwest. Located in the northeast corner of Lafayette Square. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Washington DC 20006, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Fleeing the Executive Mansion (within shouting distance of this marker); The Dolly Madison House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Cosmos Club (within shouting distance of this marker); Ashburton House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Tayloe House (within shouting distance of this marker); St. John's Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); General Lafayette and his Compatriots (about 400 feet away); Freedman’s Savings And Trust (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Downtown.
Also see . . . Thaddeus Kosciuszko. Short biography of the Polish officer who offered his engineering services to the American cause during the Revolution. (Submitted on June 15, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 9, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 15, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,411 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on June 15, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.