Antelope in Webb No. 138, Saskatchewan — The Prairie Region (North America)
S.D. No. 4070
— 1920-1963 —
The school district was formed June 17, 1918. The school was built in 1919 on Sec. 1-14-18 W3 just to the south of the Hamlet of Antelope. Opening January 26, 1920 and in operation continuously until June 30, 1963. At one time 42 students, grades 1-10 attended, taught by one teacher. To the west of the school was the sports ground which was used extensively through the years, and as it was surrounded by trees it was one of the nicest areas for miles around.
Erected 1985 by Antelope Aid and Community.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Parks & Recreational Areas. A significant historical date for this entry is January 26, 1920.
Location. 50° 8.817′ N, 108° 19.72′ W. Marker is in Antelope, Saskatchewan, in Webb No. 138. Marker can be reached from Trans-Canada Highway (Provincial Highway 1) 10 kilometers west of Allowance Road West (Provincial Road 632), on the left when traveling west. Marker is located in a pull-out on the south side of the highway, between the highway and the railroad tracks. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Antelope SK S0N 2X0, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. Hamlet of Antelope (here, next to this marker); Swift Current - Maple Creek Trail (approx. 6.5 kilometers away); Wong Guy Shoe Shop (approx. 12.5 kilometers away).
Credits. This page was last revised on July 2, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 2, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 60 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 2, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.