Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Croton in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Dr. James Pyatt

1784 - 1864

 
 
Dr. James Pyatt Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, June 22, 2009
1. Dr. James Pyatt Marker
Inscription.  Dr. James Pyatt (1784-1864) operated the Upper Boars Head Tavern on this site from 1805-1839. He farmed extensive holdings in the area and practised medicine as well as making the rounds of his patients on horseback. His son, King, kept the tavern until 1842. He later perished in a fire which consumed the structure October 5, 1895.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: AnimalsIndustry & CommerceScience & Medicine. A significant historical date for this entry is October 5, 1750.
 
Location. 40° 30.166′ N, 74° 55.822′ W. Marker is in Croton, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on County Route 579 near Plum Brook Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Flemington NJ 08822, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bonetown (approx. 1.9 miles away); Buchanan's Tavern (approx. 1.9 miles away); Locktown Baptist Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); Old School Baptist Church (approx. 2˝ miles away); Oak Grove
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2˝ miles away); Hardscrabble Hill (approx. 2.6 miles away); Uplands (approx. 2.7 miles away); Raritan Township 9-11 Memorial Clock (approx. 3 miles away).
 
Dr. James Pyatt Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, June 22, 2009
2. Dr. James Pyatt Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 6, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 22, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,712 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 22, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=20167

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024