Taylor in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Wedemeyer Hospital Site
Exterior is in original style; interior modernized.
Erected 1969 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 17839.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Science & Medicine. A significant historical date for this entry is January 24, 1854.
Location. 30° 34.358′ N, 97° 25.161′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on West 7th Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 800 W 7th St, Taylor TX 76574, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Doak Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tucker-Smith House (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. James Church (approx. ¼ mile away); The Tenth Street United Methodist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Taylor Public Schools (approx. First Christian Church of Taylor (approx. half a mile away); First Presbyterian Church of Taylor (approx. half a mile away); Taylor Post Office (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2022. It was originally submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,913 times since then and 45 times this year. Last updated on July 11, 2022, by Joe Lotz of Denton, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.