Lisbon in Columbiana County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
located at the foot of Market Street in New Lisbon.
Under the later numbering system Lock 27
was assigned to Lusk Lock in Elkrun Township.
Lock No. 27
Erected A.D. 1836
B. Hanna, President
Directors; E. Potter, R. Bakewell, Jehu Brown,
W. Christmas, J. Robertson and J. Hambleton.
C. Hostetter, Secretary M. Arter, Treasurer
E.H. Gill, Chief Engineer
C.A. Olmsted, Ass't.
Rankin, Charters and Co. Builders
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Waterways & Vessels. A significant historical year for this entry is 1836.
Location. 40° 46.267′ N, 80° 46.046′ W. Marker is in Lisbon, Ohio, in Columbiana County. Marker is on East Washington Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 115 E Washington St, Lisbon OH 44432, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Old Stone Tavern (a few steps from this marker); Lisbon (within shouting distance of this marker); Columbiana County Courthouse (about 400 United States of America Congressional Medal of Honor Recipients (about 400 feet away); Lincoln Highway (about 400 feet away); Lisbon's Veterans Memorial Fountain (about 500 feet away); Civil War Naval Cannon (about 500 feet away); World War II Veterans Memorial (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lisbon.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 24, 2022. It was originally submitted on August 21, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 106 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 21, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.